Modern slavery and human trafficking policy statement
This policy applies to all persons working for Selecta Labour Solutions Limited or on our behalf in any capacity, including employees at all levels, directors, officers, agency workers, seconded workers, volunteers, agents, contractors and suppliers.
Selecta Labour Solutions Limited strictly prohibits the use of modern slavery and human trafficking in our operations and supply chain. We have and will continue to be committed to implementing systems and controls aimed at ensuring that modern slavery is not taking place anywhere within our Company or in any of our supply chains. Selecta Labour Solutions Limited expects that their suppliers will hold their own suppliers to the same high standards.
Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking
The term Modern Slavery is used to encompass slavery, servitude, forced and compulsory labour, bonded and child labour and human trafficking. Human trafficking is where a person arranges or facilitates the travel of another person with a view to that person being exploited. This act is a crime and a violation of fundamental human rights.
Selecta Labour Solutions Limited expects everyone working with us or on our behalf to support and uphold the following measures to safeguard against modern slavery.
- We have a zero – tolerance approach to modern slavery in our Company and our supply chains.
- The prevention, detection and reporting of modern slavery in any part of our organisation or supply chain is the responsibility of all those working for us or on our behalf. Workers must not engage in, facilitate or fail to report any activity that might lead to, or suggest a breach of this policy.
- We are committed to addressing the risk of modern slavery in our operations and supply chain.
- We take a risk based approach to our contracting processes and keep them under review. We require suppliers to comply with our code of conduct which sets out the minimum standards required to combat modern slavery and trafficking.
- As part of our ongoing risk assessment and due diligence process we will consider whether circumstances warrant us carrying out audits of suppliers for their compliance with our code of conduct.
- If we find that other individuals or organisations working on our behalf have breached this policy we will ensure that we take appropriate action. This may range from considering the possibility of a breach being remediated and whether that might represent the best outcome for those individuals impacted by the breach to terminating such relationships.